Monday, April 4, 2011
Alright, I thought of an idea. A Facebook profile page for Nature. Well, I though of this last year as a potential for the social change poster's we made in TMP2. The idea being that Facebook would be no way to "befriend" nature, you gotta get off the computer and outdoors, right? I like to work with these kinds of parodies. But, as usual, I immediately started drawing it, deciding instantaneously on a hand-drawn, colored pencil look. Whoa. I didn't even let it sit for five minutes, didn't think maybe there might be a better way to do it. And if this is supposed to be the best it can be, really well considered and executed, than I should probably do that. It's as if I want the gratification to be as close to instant as possible, which I would imagine rarely happens for some artists. I like the process, being in the moment of making, but I really just want that product (or at least that's my conscious reasoning of it right now). That's why I like playing music, because the product occurs instantaneously with the making. It's the epitome of creative gratification, in my book. But dumb ol' visual art makes me wait. No, there's a lot more to it than that, and "art" and I have a lot of good times. I maybe just need to slow it down and see if I can't appreciate the finer things, the subtlety...I don't know, something. A deeper understanding and manifestation of my own creative visions. That sounds good. Ok. I'll probably get back to drawing that design though (once you start, you can't stop).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment