Monday, April 4, 2011
What to do now
Ok, time to regroup. The Earth Day challenge is over, so I have to decide how I want to continue with this project and what I want my end result to be. There aren't any nature related challenges at the moment. One might appear in the next few days or week, but I can't count on it. So, it seems I have to make designs for the general competition. Perhaps I should set a number, three sounds good, and aim to finish and submit them before the project is done. And I'm talkin' really well thought out, no compromise, air-tight, legitimate designs. Given the time to focus on making designs, I should be able to come up with my best submissions yet. But, my parallel goal is to manifest the Threadless style as much as possible, which will serve as an experiment to see if I am capable or if I even really want to (what's the value of it, will it help foster my own search for style or will it be counterproductive, or just noneventful, you always have to allow for that) and also help my chances at having successful designs. Three, hmm. Too many? What if I focused on just one? made it REALLY good. Well, I could focus on the first one, and have it take me as long as it takes to make it as perfect as I can, and if there's time to move on to a second one, then I will. The last question is, how to incorporate nature. It shouldn't be too hard to come up with good design ideas that express something about nature. But that feels too superficial for me. I like to have a definite, cohesive purpose. I don't want to just "make naturey t shirt designs" for my final CFC nature project. Before, with the causes challenge, the idea was contributing to activism. I could continue that now, and not be constrained by the specific purpose of the challenge. Alright, I'll get to thinking and see what happens. Flexibility is good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment