
I've already submitted this design, but I haven't heard back yet whether or not it was accepted. This was a drawing of some sort of stylized deer antlers that I'd started a little while ago. As I finished it, they took on the feel of trees, so I thought of making it appear like a little forest scene within the bigger picture of the deer's head, and when I added the hunter, which started out behind one of the trees/antlers and ended up in a tree stand (after a suggestion that it might add to the concept), it became a sort of commentary on our relationship to nature. I didn't want it to be any sort of direct commentary on hunting, I was mostly just thinking of that eerie feeling I sometimes get when I'm walking in the woods that I'm being watched. Yes, you are. By nature. Yeah, I guess. But at the least, it made for a cool aesthetic, and I think this may be my most "threadlessy" submission yet, so, I've got some reasonable hopes for this one.

No comments:
Post a Comment