
I've begun a new design, taking the idea of "A billion acts of green" to create another metaphor. The main idea that ought to be represented is that the acts of many, though small, are great when considered as a whole. Thinking of the hand, which is representative of human action, I almost automatically decided to make it a tree, which could then be multiplied into a forest, a vast forest. I envisioned a sea of green comprised of hands reaching upwards to look like such a forest stretching into the distance over mountains with a bright sky overhead. I think I more or less accomplished that, but the overall graphic affect might not have come together as I had hoped. Someone's first reaction was, "I think it's weird." To her, it looked like a poster for some creepy zombie movie. And, it does. Ugh, after a lot of work in Photoshop, it's a vast army of the dead rising. So now what? I tried to kill that affect somewhat:

...no it's still pretty much a massive crowd of zombies. Actually, I think that crop, losing the foreground (the green hills), made it even worse. Well, even if I don't think of a way to get rid of that image enough to bring the forest out 90% of the time, I'll still submit it. I had thought of giving the near "trees" brown trunks, but it didn't seem to work too well. Yeah, the hands are just...kinda creepy. I was going for a doodly sort of style but...oh well. Keep trying. This Threadless Challenge ends Monday I think, and I don't really have any time to make a whole other design so, I guess this is it for the Earth Day contest.
No comments:
Post a Comment